HomeTop StoriesCharges have been dropped against a woman in the shooting of a...

Charges have been dropped against a woman in the shooting of a Minneapolis police officer

Digital WCCO update: afternoon of May 13, 2024


Digital WCCO update: afternoon of May 13, 2024

01:33

MINNEAPOLIS – Charges were dropped against a woman accused of helping a man shot at a Minneapolis police officer last year.

A judge ruled in April that the Minneapolis police had violated the woman’s right to remain silent.

During her interrogation, the woman told an investigator, “I don’t feel well, I don’t want to talk.” However, investigators continued to ask her questions. The judge says that her statement invokes her right to remain silent and that the police violated this by continuing the interrogation.

Frederick Davis Jr.the man who allegedly shot the officer will be sentenced on Thursday.

Court documents show that on the evening of August 11, 2023, officers began pursuing an SUV linked to a robbery in Brooklyn Park. The driver took off, but an hour later an officer in an unmarked vehicle began pursuing that SUV.

See also  Lessons Learned -- Kindergarten teacher wraps up 40-year career at Lakeside Elementary

At 42nd Avenue North and Colfax Avenue North, the complaint says the officer was ambushed, with someone firing 12 rounds from a Glock 19 that had been modified with a switch. The officer was hit in the right shoulder.

The SUV crashed at 21st Avenue North and Upton Avenue North. Two fled the vehicle on foot and were taken into custody in a nearby yard. According to the complaint, Davis was driving the vehicle and the woman was sitting in the front seat.

The victim, a seven-year veteran of the Minneapolis Police Department, was able to return home to his family shortly after the incident.

- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments