HomeSportsDion Aiye: Whitehaven Stand Off has been banned for eight matches for...

Dion Aiye: Whitehaven Stand Off has been banned for eight matches for attacking his ex-partner

Whitehaven stand-off Dion Aiye has been banned for eight matches for off-field misconduct after being convicted of assaulting his ex-partner.

The 35-year-old had admitted assault and harassment and was given an 18-month community order.

The court also imposed a five-year restraining order banning him from having contact with his victim or daughter.

The RFL said the tribunal took into consideration the offense and the penalty imposed before imposing the suspension.

Aiye played for Whitehaven in their season-opening win against Swinton on Sunday, despite appearing in court last week.

In a statement, the club said Aiye had been stripped of the captaincy and will be replaced by James Newton.

“Dion will also be fined the equivalent amount of wages for the period of his suspension,” the club added.

“The club accepts all the findings of the legal system and tonight’s RFL tribunal and will not appeal any verdict.”

See also  Denny Hamlin fights for the victory in Richmond after extra time
- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments