HomeTop StoriesFire torches garage of house in Santa Rosa

Fire torches garage of house in Santa Rosa

Santa Rosa crews battled a house fire caused by discarded oily rags early Wednesday morning, fire officials said.

The Santa Rosa Fire Department said it received a call around 1:35 a.m. that a garage was on fire and a house was filling with smoke in the 4700 block of Hillsboro Circle. Emergency crews arrived to find smoke coming from the garage of a one-story home.

The fire brigade quickly entered the house to check whether the fire had reached the living area and searched for any residents who were still inside.

Firefighters at the scene of a fire in the garage of a home on Hillsboro Circle in Santa Rosa, April 17, 2024.

Santa Rosa Fire Department


According to the fire department, the fire had not yet spread to the living room and was limited to the attached garage. The residents were also woken by their smoke detector and were able to escape without injury before firefighters arrived.

According to the fire brigade, the fire was under control within fifteen minutes. The cause was determined to be an accident caused by discarded oily rags.

The damage to the home is estimated at 20,000 euros, the fire brigade said.

See also  Man killed in shooting after reported fight near Modesto, deputies say
- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments