HomeTop StoriesFormer Delaware County Emergency Services director faces assault charges after firing

Former Delaware County Emergency Services director faces assault charges after firing

MEDIA, Pa. (CBS) — The former director of Delaware County Emergency Services Tim Boyce60, is facing charges after a former employee accused him of trying to kiss and grope her at work.

“Crazy,” attorney Mark Schwartz said of the details in a criminal complaint against Boyce.

In a statement, a spokesperson for the county council said: “On May 10, the Delaware County Council voted to terminate Emergency Services Director Tim Boyce. The decision was based on information from multiple sources regarding unacceptable behavior in the workplace.”

Boyce learned Thursday that he was charged with assault, simple assault and harassment. These charges stem from a complaint by a woman who worked under Boyce who accused him of trying to kiss and grab her on Jan. 30 while she was at work. Schwartz is her lawyer.

“At first she was very unsure about coming forward, but she was so angry about what had happened that it hardened her,” he said.

See also  Donald Trump's jury has options in deliberations on hush money cases

Schwartz said the woman resigned the day after the alleged incident.

“It took guts for her to say, ‘I quit. I’m not coming back. How dare you do this to me?'” Schwartz said.

“This type of behavior is a threat to the workplace, where people should feel safe, and my office takes these allegations seriously,” Attorney General Henry said in the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General’s press release. “Title, power or status does not give anyone the right to harass and assault employees.”

The Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office will prosecute the case. Schwartz thought that was appropriate.

“Because it’s a Delaware County matter, and they’re Delaware County employees, and he doesn’t want to be accused of favoritism toward Mr. Boyce,” Schwartz said.

CBS News Philadelphia has reached out to Boyce’s attorney and has not heard back.

The attorney general’s office would not comment on the case for this report.

Boyce was granted $50,000 unsecured bail. His next hearing will take place on June 5 at the Magisterial District Court for Media.

See also  The University of the Arts hires consulting firm Alvarez and Marsal to handle the closure

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments