HomeTop StoriesIt's the first weekend of summer in Miami. Will it soak...

It’s the first weekend of summer in Miami. Will it soak or bake us? What the forecast says

Summer is officially here. And that means summer weather is here too.

If you’re planning a beach day this weekend, be prepared for rain, thunderstorms and possible rip currents. You know the drill.

The first weekend of summer will be a mix, but there is good news: Temperatures won’t reach the 90s, according to the National Weather Service.

Shawn Bhatti, a meteorologist with the weather service in Miami, warned that Friday and the weekend will be “a little warmer,” but “as of now, we should stay out of the heat advisory criteria.”

Yet this is not a cool saying. “It’s still going to be quite uncomfortable, especially for the more vulnerable populations,” Bhatti said.

Expect some rain as you make plans for the beach or other outdoor activities.

“We will be in and out of tropical moisture over the next few days,” Bhatti said. This will bring “on and off spotty showers” ​​through Friday and Saturday.

See also  Trump's former doctor provides new details about gunshot wound

In addition, a rip current advisory is in effect until Friday afternoon.

MORE: Alberto fades over Mexico. Florida could feel rain from impending disturbances

Weekend forecast

Friday: High 88, Low 81. Partly sunny with a 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day and overnight.

Saturday: High 88, Low 80. Partly sunny with a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day and a 50% chance of rain at night.

Sunday: High 88, Low 79. Mostly sunny with a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day and a 20% chance of rain at night.

Monday: High 88, Low 79. Mostly sunny with a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms during the day and a 40% chance of rain at night.

- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments