HomeEntertainmentSylvester Stallone is accused of insulting 'Tulsa King' characters on set. ...

Sylvester Stallone is accused of insulting ‘Tulsa King’ characters on set. Here’s what we know.

Sylvester Stallone is accused of mocking background actors on Paramount+’s Atlanta set. Tulsa King. Stallone has not commented, but director Craig Zisk – to whom Stallone is said to have made the comments – denied the claims. Parent company Paramount is reportedly investigating.

🔎 What happened?

The veteran actor and star of the Rocky And Rambo franchises, 77, is filming season 2 of Taylor Sheridan’s Tulsa King series. It is his first TV role in the leading role.

On April 7, Atlanta-based Catrett Locke Casting told its customers that it had “chosen to part ways” with the show.

A writer not involved with the show circulated two posts on social media. One was about casting director Rose Locke witnessing a “clearly toxic environment” in which she “didn’t feel comfortable with myself or background performers.” (Locke did not comment.)

The second message claimed that someone on set had observed Stallone and asked the director, “What the fuck is going on with this damn ugly background?” [actors].’” Stallone and Zisk reportedly called the extras “terrible names,” including “tub of lard” and “fat man with stick.”

See also  Katie Holmes has a glam night out with her parents at the New York Gala: see her look!

They claimed Stallone – who plays a mafioso who is released from prison and exiled to Oklahoma to rebuild his crime empire – said he wanted the production to bring “beautiful young girls around me” to the set.

📅What has happened since then?

While Stallone has not commented, Zisk denied any insults were made. He told TMZ that Locke mistakenly cast background actors for a scene at a young, hip bar. The cast of actors was older than the requested range of 25 to 35 years. He said they used them anyway and that the actors were “polite” and “did their job.”

Zisk also denied that Stallone asked for “pretty girls,” adding that the actor’s wife, Jennifer Flavin, was on set.

Background actor Thomas Mooneyham — who was replaced in the bar scene and was the only actor using a cane — told Deadline that while he didn’t hear Stallone mocking his body or mobility, he saw the star looking at him and laughing. He and another extra were then replaced by a younger cowboy and a “pretty cowgirl.” Mooneyham said he feels “singled out” over the incident and that his “feelings are hurt.” He added: “I’m more angry than hurt. And that is only because of my disability.”

See also  Cassie breaks silence on Sean 'Diddy' Combs' attack video as his legal troubles mount

According to the same outlet, producers spoke to the cast and crew about the situation and their commitment to promoting an inclusive work environment. Paramount is also investigating the allegations of disparaging language, according to CNN and Fox News.

SAG-AFTRA, the actors’ union, said in a statement to the Hollywood Reporter: “There is no room for disparaging comments made against background actors or performers on any set. Although we have not been contacted directly regarding the on-set incident Tulsa King in Atlanta, SAG-AFTRA is committed to the safety and well-being of cast members on all productions.

- Advertisement -
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments